Consider Atlantic Coast Veterinary Specialists (ACVS) as your interventional radiology resource. Interventional radiology involves the use of fluoroscopy, ultrasound, CT, MRI and endoscopy to guide biopsies, fluid drainage, catheter insertion, pacemaker placement and vessel or valve dilation and stenting. These procedures are minimally invasive and less painful for patients.
We also offer treatment options for patients with various conditions that cannot be managed or treated with surgery and are associated with excessive morbidity, high cost or poor outcomes. We use multiple guide wires with various properties, catheters specifically adapted for individual procedures, stents composed of different materials and configurations, plus embolic coils, embolic particles, drainage devices, glue, oils, chemotherapeutic agents, occlusion devices or balloons.
ACVS is fortunate to have the equipment, staff and expertise to perform:
- Tracheoplasty (tracheal stenting)
- Intrahepatic portosystemic embolization
- Transarterial embolization of hepatic tumors
- Urethral stenting
- Embolization of arteriovenous malformations
- Vascular nasal embolization of intractable epistaxis
- Vascular foreign body retrieval
- Percutaneous nephrostomy tube placement
- Antegrade placement of urinary catheter
- Biliary drainage
- Vascular stenting and angioplasty
- Thrombolytic vascular procedures