At Atlantic Coast New York Veterinary Specialists on Long Island, our veterinary neurologist specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the brain, spinal cord, muscles and nerves.
Pet Neurology Services
At Atlantic Coast New York Veterinary Specialists, pets with neurological conditions receive comprehensive medical and surgical care from our veterinary neurologist.
During your appointment, our veterinary neurologist will complete a detailed neurological exam to learn if, and which part of your pet's nervous system is affected.
Following the exam, the neurologist will explain what's most likely causing these issues for your pet. Diagnostic imaging can help us determine the exact cause and available treatment options required. These may include surgery, intensive care or medical therapy.
Our veterinary neurologist graduated in 2009 from St. Matthew’s University School of Veterinary Medicine in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands, completing her final year at Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine. She completed a specialty internship and residency at Animal Specialty Center in Yonkers, NY.
Common Neurological Conditions
Neurological conditions in pets commonly treated by our veterinary neurologist include:
- Epilepsy, especially difficult to manage or refractory cases
- Degenerative myelopathy
- Intervertebral disc disease
- Stroke and fibrocartilagenous embolism (FCE)
- Syringomyelia/Occipital malformation
- Encephalitis and meningitis
- Brain and spinal tumors
- Chronic pain
- Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) collection and evaluation
- MRI and CT interpretation
- Complete neurologic exam and lesion localization
- Hemilaminectomy and ventral slot decompression for IVDD
- Spinal tumor removal or biopsy
- Nerve and muscle biopsy
- Lumbosacral dorsal laminectomy for LS stenosis and cauda equina syndrome
- Craniotomy (brain surgery) for brain tumors